Wednesday 4 February 2009

Return to Africa

Leaving aside the endless journey to get to Johannesburg (flights canceled due to snow and sleeping rough on the ground in various international airports), I can start, or re-start, to write a daily jurnal on my return to Africa!

The sun isn't up yet and the events seem to be repeating themselves the same way they did the year before, up and running at the crack of dawn. Today just a short transfer to the Limpopo province.
My guides are the same ones I've met in Cape Town last year, Takalani and Bianca. My traveling companions are 4 Danes: a couple named Simone and Mette and 2 other guys, Lasse and Kasper.
And same as last year we're a small and young group of people.

from left: Takalani, Matte, Simone, Lasse and Bianca
Kasper



We stop for lunch in a Polowane's mall, where I eat, exchange the money and buy supplies of water and some food for the next seven days we'll be spending in Zimbabwe.
We camp in the bushveld in a specific Drifters' area. Takalani shows us how to use all the equipment, including tents. It's a real challenge and I already know I'll have calluses on my hands by the end of this tour. I take a shower, if you can call it so, and then dine with spaghetti and salad. After dinner, Bianca tells us about the travel's program of the month. To be honest, I'm worried. She explains the most dangerous moments will be when we're going to camp on the banks of the Zambezi River and in Ngorongoro Crater. After dinner, everyone goes to the bed early cause we need to wake up early tomorrow.

Keep reading... My travel story continues in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment